Friday, July 10, 2009

Multiple Moments

Praise the Lord! It's happened! I've been anticipating that I will have an ultimate experience while I'm over here - but, so soon!!!! No, I'm not talking about that! I'm talking about several days of me saying to Jue, "Been there, done that"..that has lead up to......TONIGHT. I've absolutely loved seeing Waikiki, San Francisco, The Redwoods, Crater Lake and the Interstate Hwy but I have seen it before. I've even been to the awesome display of force and distruction at Mount St. Helens before. I was impressed seeing where green had replaced grey. However, it was only 8 years after the 'event' when I last saw it, so a sick part of me took pride in the fact that,"I've seen it worse." Once again I went to Mount Rainier national park and once again found it covered in cloud. But tonight for the first time on this trip my jaw has dropped impulsively with an outburst of "OH MY GOODNESS" not once,.. twice!

Firstly, after going on a underground city tour of Seattle and getting $1 discount to go up the Smith Tower, I was standing on the observation deck checking out the sights from the road below up to the horizon. I glanced up to the sky......AND I SAW IT, the top of Mount Rainier. It dominates the skyline, it's as far away as Marulan is from Canberra, and it is STILL MASSIVE. No photo can do justice to first hand eye witness nor the deep sense of gratitude felt by seeing such an enormous volcano.


Secondly, we saw a ball game, we saw a home run, we saw the Mariners win, we sucked up the 4th of July x 1000 atmosphere and went nuts with the rest of the stadium and OH MY GOODNESS we got it all for free! After rejecting the purchase of $22 tickets just to watch the last half hour or so, Jue got talking to security officer Kelly. One thing lead to another and we got in. The girls were also given a stash of stuff including a certificate for first time attendence at a baseball game. Just like a photo, no words of mine could do justice to the high we all had tonight.